Every part of Moringa Oleifera is beneficial. Many parts of the tree have traditionally been utilized for treating many diseases like lung diseases, hypertension, chest infections, everyday pains and aches as well as skin ailments.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has undertaken scientific researches on the Moringa plant, and has come to the conclusion that it is extremely nutritional and medicinal. The pros have also been documented in some medical and nutritional journals as well.
Moringa Oleifera is among the popular power greens for example wheat grass, chlorella and spirulina. Moringa is loaded with minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, and sulfur, in addition to B vitamins and many amino acids, including all of the essential amino acids. Its nutritional profile is competitive with any beneficial plant on the planet. For instance:
· 1 / 2 cup of cooked leaves will meet your daily recommendation for Vitamins A and C.
. One half cup of pods (raw) will supply your Vitamin C requirement for a day
· One ounce of raw leaves contains the recommended daily quantity of Vitamin C
· Ounce per ounce it contains 6 to 7 times the amount of Vitamin C in orange juice
· Moringa leaves contain 3 to 5 times more beta-carotene than carrots
· 3 oz of Moringa powder contains more than 10 times the recommended daily amount of Vitamin E
· Ounce per ounce Moringa leaves contain over 3 times the iron as found in spinach or roast beef
· Moringa leaves contain triple the amount of potassium as bananas
· Ounce per ounce Moringa leaves contain 4 times the amount of calcium found in milk
It is reported to be a very hardy plant that can grow in very dry climates, though it will grow bigger and faster with more water. With care and watering they can mature to 16 feet in a year. It is recommended however, to cut it back and keep it short and bushy for ease of harvesting the leaves and pods.
The tender young pods (referred to as drumsticks) can be cooked like asparagus. Older green pods can be cooked just like okra, and the inner flesh scraped out and eaten. I recommend eating the leaves sparingly raw as they are very potent. They can accent a salad or be cooked like collards or other greens. The leaves can be dried and powdered and used in drinks or teas. So it has a myriad of methods that it can be consumed and enjoyed.
Caution: Moringa flowers can act as an abortifacient so do not use in pregnancy. The flower buds and blossoms need to be cooked. They can be made into a tea, as well as fried by themselves or battered and fried. The flowers can be used as a natural pesticide, as insects and other pests are repelled by the flower essence.
Seeds can be used to purify water.
Green-Fu’s proportions of Green Coffee Bean Extract (a.k.a Green Chlorogenic Acid/GCA/Svetol), Magical Plant Proteins, Vitamins, and Essential Minerals, makes this today’s most exciting Weight Loss and Fat Burning Solution.